Equally at home in wet or dry conditions, the Teva Kids Westwater is the perfect casual shoe for all warm weather fun. With the openess of a sandal yet the comfort of a shoe, the amphibious Westwater combines a quick drying upper with a cushy insole. The Mary Jane style gives this adventure shoe a girly twist and the velcro strap makes it easy to slip into summer fun. Teva added a rubberized toe cap for extra protection and durability, but did it in a minimalistic way to keep the shoe looking girly and streamlined (no bulky, yeti feet here). Don't underestimate its water capabilities, the Westwater's non-marking, rubber sole is patterned to channel water and the insole fights funk with an environmentally friendly zinc based anti-microbial that won't wash off or wear away.
We would love to give you some fitting tips for the Westwater, but only having arrived today we haven't had a chance to fit test them yet. The one thing we do know is that every single female employee at TinySoles wants a pair for themselves (which is rare - our tastes are all over the place!) and lucky for us, Teva makes them in adult sizes too! Click here to shop Teva.
On other Teva news, I recently got a chance to try the Teva Omnium on my newly turned 3 year old son. We went on a family trip to a water park and we were needing something that could go from day shoe to water shoe. He has a medium width foot, slender ankle, an uncanny ability to climb anything and is in a US 8/9 depending on brand. We chose the Omnium in Army in size 8 and found it to fit him on the big side with a little more toe room then needed, but we wanted it to last all summer :) (You know how that goes!) In size comparison, he has outgrown his See Kai Run's in size 8 and is currently wearing KEEN 8 and Umi 24. I held the Omnium up to other US size 8 shoes and noticed it ran longer in length, but I could see if you had a wide or thick foot that it would probably fit more true to size. He had no problems walking in the extra length and he loved the shoes so much he wore them all day in the water too. We love that they are lightweight, easy to get on and off, quick drying and super stylish! Some of the other water shoes we have tested have been too bulky or wide for his feet, but these are perfect!
Giveaway Time: This one is going to be a little different, so read carefully. Here's your chance to win a FREE pair of Teva shoes of your choice. We will randomly select a winner from all the entries on June 19th, 2009. Use one, two or all of the ways listed below to enter.
To enter to win, post a comment using one or more of the following methods and tell us what style and size Teva you would like (please give us at least 2 choices incase one is out of stock) :
- Sign up as a Follower of this blog and then post a comment beneath this blog while being signed in to your Google/Blogger account.
- If you've made a purchase or two or more from TinySoles, post a comment below for each purchase you've made and include the invoice number from that purchase.
- Sign up as a fan of TinySoles on Facebook and post a comment to this note on our Facebook page.
For extra entries:
- Post a picture/s of your little one/s wearing their TinySoles gear on our Facebook page and get an extra entry for each picture - be sure to mention Teva giveaway in the posts.
- Blog, Facebook, Tweet our name out with a link back to TinySoles.com or this Blog. Make sure you post a comment telling us about it while logged into your Blogger or Facebook account.
- Refer a friend. That's right, if your friend posts your Blogger or Facebook name as their referral, you just scored yourself an extra chance to win!
- Give us TinySoles feedback! You can score an extra entry just for telling us your thoughts and ideas about TinySoles.com. Please email these to email@example.com and use Teva Giveaway in the subject line.
Congratulations to MAC MOM, who picked up a pair of Teva's of her choice! Thanks again for the great participation by all of you who left comments and feedback. We are looking forward to our next giveaway!